As a condition of use of KiwiAds you agree that you are at least 16 years of age.
The following activities are prohibited from KiwiAds:
- Posting an item for sale that is not located in New Zealand.
- Posting an item for sale that is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence.
- Posting an item for sale that is in the prohibited items list in our Prohibited section.
- Posting duplicate ads in multiple categories.
- Posting ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Posting an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Posting an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Posting an ad that defames anyone or contains "hate speech".
- Posting opinions, notices, and discussion topics which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Posting an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Posting an ad that violates KiwiAds' Policies.
- Posting as a Private Seller, Owner, or Individual when you are a Business, Dealer or Professional.
Users must be at least 16 years old to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
Any ads that do not comply with KiwiAds policies may be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies may be blocked from using KiwiAds in the future.
We may, at any time, remove an ad if we believe it interferes with the well-being of the community or the spirit of KiwiAds.
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
General reasons for ads being deleted are:
- Ad breaches General KiwiAds Posting Policies
- The item being offered for sale is not allowed to be sold on KiwiAds. Please visit our our Prohibited section for more information.
- The ad is a duplicate of another ad previously posted
- Posted under wrong category (You must choose the single most relevant category for your ad)
- Ads posted from overseas or from behind a VPN unless the ad is posted in anticipation of you being in New Zealand (eg. to find a place to live or a job while you are here). KiwiAds is for New Zealand based individuals and businesses only.
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality / gender / etc
- Ads that report other fraudulent ads. Please report potentially fraudulent ads via the "report ad" option located within each ad or Contact Us with ad details (ad id, email address) and reasons why these ads should be reviewed
- Ads that are intended to profit off natural disasters, health or public safety concerns, or tragic events
KiwiAds reserves the right to remove any ad that we feel is not relevant, or of value to the KiwiAds community, with or without notice to the ad poster.
There are several ways that your ad may be found to be in breach of policy and removed from the site including:
In most cases, we email you to let you know when we have had to remove your ad. These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for KiwiAds emails. You may wish to add KiwiAds to your safe senders' list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them applies to your ad then please let us know by clicking on "Contact Us" located bottom of our Website pages and we'll be happy to help you out.